BibLaTeX – Sophisticated Bibliographies in LaTeX
BibLaTeX is a complete reimplementation of the bibliographic facilities provided by LaTeX. Formatting of the bibliography is entirely controlled by LaTeX macros, and a working knowledge of LaTeX should be sufficient to design new bibliography and citation styles. BibLaTeX uses its own data backend program called “biber” to read and process the bibliographic data. With biber, BibLaTeX has many features rivalling or surpassing other bibliography systems. To mention a few:
- Full Unicode support
- Highly customisable sorting using the Unicode Collation Algorithm + CLDR tailoring
- Highly customisable bibliography labels
- Complex macro-based on-the-fly data modification without changing your data sources
- A tool mode for transforming bibliographic data sources
- Multiple bibliographies and lists of bibliographic information in the same document with different sorting
- Highly customisable data source inheritance rules
- Polyglossia and babel suppport for automatic language switching for bibliographic entries and citations
- Automatic bibliography data recoding (UTF-8 -> latin1, LaTeX macros -> UTF-8 etc)
- Remote data sources
- Highly sophisticated automatic name and name list disambiguation system
- Highly customisable data model so users can define their own bibliographic data types
- Validation of bibliographic data against a data model
- Subdivided and/or filtered bibligraphies, bibliographies per chapter, section etc.
Apart from the features unique to BibLaTeX, the package also incorporates core features of the following packages: babelbib, bibtopic, bibunits, chapterbib, cite, inlinebib, mcite and mciteplus, mlbib, multibib, splitbib.
Biber version 2.7 is required for BibLaTeX 3.7.
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3
|Maintainer||Philipp Lehman (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as biblatex|
|MiKTeX as biblatex|
BibLaTeX bibliography support
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (17.3M).
- 2011-04-12 CTAN package update: biblatex 1.4b
- 2011-01-08 CTAN package update: biblatex 1.1a
- 2011-01-05 CTAN package update: biblatex 1.1
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- biblatex-opcit-booktitle: Use op. cit. for the booktitle of a subentry
- biblatex-source-division: References by “division” in classical sources
- biblatex-true-citepages-omit: Correction of some limitation of the citepages=omit option of BibLaTeX styles
- biblatex-bookinother: Manage book edited in other entry type