biber – A BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX
Biber supports full UTF-8, can (re)-encode input and output, supports highly configurable sorting, dynamic bibliography sets and many other features.
The CTAN distribution offers a compressed tar archive of the sources, etc., together with “binary” distributions for a variety of platforms.
Note: on SourceForge biber is formally named “biblatex-biber”, to distinguish it from an earlier (now apparently moribund) project called “biber”.
Perl Artistic License
|Copyright||2009–2016 François Charette and Philip Kime
|Contained in||TeX Live as biber|
|MiKTeX as miktex-biber-bin|
- 2016-09-08 CTAN update: biblateX and biber
- 2011-04-01 CTAN update: biber 0.9 release
- 2011-01-06 CTAN update: biber
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- bibtex: Process bibliographies for LaTeX, etc
- ltb2bib: converts amsrefs' .ltb bibliographical databases to BibTeX format
- librarian: Tools to create bibliographies in TeX
- easybib: Simple syntax for custom bibliographies