bibtex – Process bibliographies for LaTeX, etc
BibTeX allows the user to store his citation data in generic form, while printing citations in a document in the form specified by a BibTeX style, to be specified in the document itself (one often needs a LaTeX citation-style package, such as natbib as well).
BibTeX itself is an ASCII-only program; there is, however, a version that copes with 8-bit character sets. However, BibTeX’s facilities rapidly run out as one moves away from simple ASCII (for example, in the various national sorting rules for languages expressed in different parts of ISO-8859 — the “ISO Latin” series). For more flexibility, the user is urged to consider using biber with BibLaTeX to typeset its output.
|Contained in||TeX Live as bibtex|
MiKTeX as miktex-bibtex-bin-2.9
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (513.6k).
- 2010-12-13 CTAN update: bibtex
- 2007-01-11 CTAN update: BibTeX documentation and FAQ
- 2005-03-07 CTAN update: Tame The BeaST
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- ltb2bib: Converts amsrefs' .ltb bibliographical databases to BibTeX format
- biblio: A collection of bibliographies
- dinat: Bibliography style for German texts
- bible: A BibTeX library editor