stix2-type1 – Type1 versions of the STIX Two OpenType fonts
The stix2 package provides minimal support for using the STIX Two fonts with versions of TeX that are limited to TFM files, Type 1 PostScript fonts, and 8-bit font encodings.
Version 2.0.0 of the STIX fonts are being released in this format in hopes of easing the transition from legacy TeX engines to modern fully Unicode-compatible systems.
The Type 1 versions are merely a repackaging of the original OpenType versions and should not be viewed as independent entities. Some glyphs that are traditionally available in TeX math fonts are not yet available in the STIX Two OpenType fonts. In such cases, we have chosen to omit them from the stix2 package rather than create incompatibilities between the OpenType and Type 1 versions. In addition, while development of the OpenType versions is ongoing, no further updates are planned to the Type 1 versions of the fonts.
|Licenses||The SIL Open Font License|
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3
|Copyright||2001–2018, 2021 STI Pub Companies|
|Maintainer||David M. Jones|
The STI Pub Companies
|Contained in||TeX Live as stix2-type1|
MiKTeX as stix2-type1
Font symbol maths
Font supp maths
Font supp symbol
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (4.6M).
- 2021-01-17 CTAN update: stix2-type1
- 2021-01-16 CTAN update: stix2-type1
- 2019-04-24 CTAN update: stix2-type1
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- newpx: Alternative uses of the PX fonts, with improved metrics
- amsfonts: TeX fonts from the American Mathematical Society
- libertine: Use of Linux Libertine and Biolinum fonts with LaTeX
- baskervaldx: Extension and modification of BaskervaldADF with LaTeX support