graphicscache – Cache includegraphics calls
This LaTeX package provides caching of \includegraphics calls, with several useful effects:
- Recompilations are much faster (10x speedup observed).
Images can be postprocessed with ghostscript
before inclusion, thus:
- Automatic downscaling to specified DPI
- Automatic JPEG compression with configurable quality
- Much smaller files (e.g. 10MB instead of 150MB)!
Note: Due to the one-by-one invocation of pdflatex and ghostscript for each graphics element, the first compilation is typically slower than usual.
Note: graphicscache needs the \write18 call (also called shell escape). This is a security risk if you have untrusted TeX sources.
graphicscache supports pdfLaTeX and LuaLaTeX; XeLaTeX is not supported.
|3-clause BSD License
|2018–2021 Max Schwarz
|TeX Live as graphicscache
MiKTeX as graphicscache
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (178.7k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- optional: Facilitate optional printing of parts of a document
- version: Conditionally include text
- versions: Optionally omit pieces of text
- multiaudience: Several versions of output from the same source