archaic – A collection of archaic fonts
The collection contains fonts to represent Aramaic, Cypriot, Etruscan, Greek of the 6th and 4th centuries BCE, Egyptian hieroglyphics, Linear A, Linear B, Nabatean old Persian, the Phaistos disc, Phoenician, proto-Semitic, runic, South Arabian Ugaritic and Viking scripts.
The bundle also includes a small font for use in phonetic transcription of the archaic writings. The bundle's own directory includes a font installation map file for the whole collection.
The LaTeX Project Public License
Peter R. Wilson
|Contained in||TeX Live as archaic|
|MiKTeX as archaic|
fonts reproducing archaic scripts or inscriptions
fonts distributed as METAFONT source
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (8.1M).
- 2009-05-19 Bug fixes: CTAN files givbc10.pfb and etr10.pfb
- 2008-07-01 CTAN Update: Phaistos.otf
- 2005-11-13 CTAN bundle update --- archaic fonts (several)
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- greek6cbc: A Greek font from the sixth century BC
- nabatean: Font for Nabatean script
- phaistos: Disk of Phaistos font
- sarabian: Archaic South Arabian script font