The jjgame Class Author: D. P. Story Dated: 2016/11/24
JJgame class is a Jeopardy-like game in which you compete for cyber money by answering questions composed by the game author. The questions can be multiple choice, math fill-in or text fill-in.
Since the year 2000, many techniques have been developed, and this version of jjgame has many enhancements an new features: (1) Added the ability to pose math and text fill-in questions
(2) Enhanced control over the color design of the game
(3) The distribution comes with 9 designs (color schemes) jeopardy, florida, iceland, hornet, qatar, norway, germany, bahamas and spain
(4) Five general graphical backgrounds provided, and two additional ones that are used in a custom design
(5) language option, currently english and german. Additional languages will be added as translators volunteer
The basic game can be constructed using dvips, pdftex, luatex, and xelatex.
Additionally, there is a pro option that requires the use of dvips/Distiller workflow (Acrobat Pro 7.0 or later required).
I have used the jjgame class in some of my classes for extra credit; for this purpose, the following features were developed:
(6) A forcredit option that forces the student---assuming the contestant is taking the game for credit---to enter his/her name.
(7) With the pro option, layers are used to hide the questions from the contestant before he/she selects a question from the game board. When the contestant selects a question, the question is made visible. The questions are in layers with a no print attribute, so the contestant cannot print out the game and distribute the questions to other contestants even if the questions are visible.
Documentation jjgman.pdf contains all details of the game, and wonderful demo files are also supplied.
What's New (2016/11/24): Brought jjgame class up to conformance to the modern exerquiz package, which has changed over the years.
Comments and suggestions are always gratefully accepted and seriously considered.
Hope you like the new version, now, I simply must get back to my retirement!
one dps dpstory at uakron dot edu dpstory at acrotex dot net
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (1.7M).
jj-game – A LaTeX class to construct Jeopardy-like games
The class defines a Jeopardy-like game; question answers may be multiple choice, or text or mathematics ‘fill-ins’.
The basic game can be constructed using dvipsone, dvips, pdftex or dvipdfm. The ‘pro’ option of the game works with dvipsone or dvips only, and requires Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0 (or later), with its distiller.
Also, the eforms package dated 2016-08-29 or later is required.
Samples of sources for games are provided.
The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Maintainer||Donald P. Story|
|Contained in||MiKTeX as jj-game|
create pdf form fields, use form fields as an integral part of the package|
alternative LaTeX class(es)
process game diagrams, gamebooks, and other amusements