TeX – A sophisticated typesetting engine
TeX is a typesetting system that incorporates a macro processor. A TeX source document specifies or incorporates a number of macro definitions that instruct the TeX engine how to typeset the document. The TeX engine also uses font metrics generated by METAFONT, or by any of several other mechanisms that incorporate fonts from other sources into an environment suitable for TeX.
The distribution includes the source of Knuth’s TeX book; this source is there to read, as an example of writing TeX — it should not be processed without Knuth’s direct permission.
|Copyright||1982 D. E. Knuth|
|Maintainer||Donald E. Knuth|
|Contained in||TeX Live as tex|
MiKTeX as miktex-tex-bin-2.9
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (835.0k).
- 2009-09-30 CTAN Update: TeX Gyre fonts
- 2008-03-10 CTAN Update: TeX Gyre fonts
- 2007-09-14 CTAN Update: TeX Gyre fonts
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- knuth-dist: The current state of Knuth's contributions
- knuth-errata: Knuth’s published errata
- tangle: Generate compilable source from web
- vfware: Tools for virtual font metrics