tex-extensions – Proposals for extensions to TeX
A bundle of proposals for extensions to TeX, implemented as change files to web2c v7.2. The extesions cover:
- replacing floating point by integer arithmetic, in glue calculations;
- introducing hyphenation classes (with a corresponding change to patgen);
- implenting demerits for more than 2 consecutive hyphens;
- providing ‘nestable’ and ‘under’ math accents; a primitive to switch to ‘cramped’ styles; provides generalised radicals with a left- and right-delimiter; implementation work for using the hz algorithm;
- marginal tokens for hanging punctuation and hyphens.
Several files offering examples of use are also provided.
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (217.8k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- javatex: A Java implementation of TeX
- knuth-dist: The current state of Knuth's contributions
- enctex: A TeX extension that translates input on its way into TeX
- mltex: The MLTeX system