soul – Hyphenation for letterspacing, underlining, and more
Provides hyphenatable spacing out (letterspacing), underlining, striking out, etc., using the TeX hyphenation algorithm to find the proper hyphens automatically. The package also provides a mechanism that can be used to implement similar tasks, that have to treat text syllable by syllable. This is shown in two examples.
The package itself does not support UTF-8 input in ordinary (PDF)LaTeX; some UTF-8 support is offered by package soulutf8
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Copyright||1998–2003 Melchior Franz
|Contained in||TeX Live as soul|
|MiKTeX as soul|
change space between characters
underlining/overlining text (including other decorations)
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (347.0k).
- 2003-11-18 CTAN submission -- soul.sty
- 2002-05-29 CTAN submission -- soul.sty
- 2002-05-13 CTAN submission -- soul.sty
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- nccstretch: Insert a stretch between each token of a string
- tracking: Adjust tracking of strings
- wiggly: Draw wiggly lines under text
- sidenotes: Typeset notes containing rich content, in the margin