fpl – SC and OsF fonts for URW Palladio L
The FPL Fonts provide a set of SC/OsF fonts for URW Palladio L which are compatible with respect to metrics with the Palatino SC/OsF fonts from Adobe. Note that it is not my aim to exactly reproduce the outlines of the original Adobe fonts. The SC and OsF in the FPL Fonts were designed with the glyphs from URW Palladio L as starting point. For some glyphs (e.g. ‘o’) I got the best result by scaling and boldening. For others (e.g. ‘h’) shifting selected portions of the character gave more satisfying results. All this was done using the free font editor FontForge. The kerning data in these fonts comes from Walter Schmidt’s improved Palatino metrics.
LaTeX use is enabled by the mathpazo package, which is part of the psnfss distribution.
|Licenses||GNU General Public License, version 2|
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Copyright||2004, 2005 Ralf Stubner|
|Contained in||TeX Live as fpl|
MiKTeX as fpl
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (390.4k).
- 2019-01-04 CTAN Update: fpl
- 2005-02-13 CTAN update: FPL Fonts
- 2005-02-07 CTAN update notification: FPL Fonts
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- lm: Latin modern fonts in outline formats
- scholax: Extension of TeXGyreSchola (New Century Schoolbook) with math support
- quattrocento: Quattrocento and Quattrocento Sans fonts with LaTeX support
- inriafonts: Inria fonts with LaTeX support