semantic-markup – Meaningful semantic markup in the spirit of the Text Encoding Initiative
The package provides simple commands to allow authors (especially scholars in the humanities) to write with a focus on content rather than presentation. The commands are inspired by the XML elements of the Text Encoding Initiative. Commands like \term and \foreign are aliases for \emph. \quoted and \soCalled are aliases for quoting commands. These commands could be easily redefined for different formats.
The package also provides a footnote environment so that long footnotes can be more cleanly separated from the main text.
Because the author is a music scholar, the package also includes some macros for musical symbols and other basic notations for musical analysis.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||2018 Andrew A. Cashner|
|Maintainer||Andrew A. Cashner|
|Contained in||TeX Live as semantic-markup|
MiKTeX as semantic-markup
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (271.8k).
- 2018-05-25 CTAN update: semantic-markup
- 2016-10-29 CTAN Update: semantic-markup
- 2016-09-03 New on CTAN: semantic-markup
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- easyformat: Easily add boldface, italics and smallcaps
- uni-wtal-lin: Citation style for linguistic studies at the University of Wuppertal
- ulqda: Support of Qualitative Data Analysis
- logical-markup-utils: Packages for language-dependent inline quotes and dashes