latex – A TeX macro package that defines LaTeX
LaTeX is a widely-used macro package for TeX, providing many basic document formating commands extended by a wide range of packages. It is a development of Leslie Lamport's LaTeX 2.09, and superseded the older system in June 1994. The basic distribution is catalogued separately, at latex-base; apart from a large set of contributed packages and third-party documentation (elsewhere on the archive), the distribution includes:
– a bunch of
required packages, which LaTeX
authors are “entitled to assume” will be present
on any system running LaTeX; and
– a minimal set of documentation detailing differences from the ‘old’ version of LaTeX in the areas of user commands, font selection and control, class and package writing, font encodings, configuration options and modification of LaTeX.
For downloading details, see the linked catalogue entries above.
|Version||2017/01/01 PL1 2017-01-25|
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3
|Copyright||1993–2016 The LaTeX3 Project et al.
|Maintainer||The LaTeX Team
Leslie Lamport (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as latex|
|MiKTeX as ltxbase|
macros to build a format
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- unpacked: Unpacked copy of the LaTeX sources
- pstotext: Extract ASCII from PostScript and PDF
- lamstex: A merge of the best in AMS-TeX and LaTeX
- plain: The Plain TeX format