HEPparticles – Macros for typesetting high energy physics particle names
HEPparticles is a set of macros for typesetting high energy particle names, to meet the following criteria:
1. The main particle name is a Roman or Greek symbol, to be typeset in upright font in normal contexts.
2. Additionally a superscript and/or subscript may follow the main symbol.
3. Particle resonances may also have a resonance specifier which is typeset in parentheses following the main symbol. In general the parentheses may also be followed by sub- and superscripts.
4. The particle names are expected to be used both in and out of mathematical contexts.
5. If the surrounding text is bold or italic then the particle name should adapt to that context as best as possible (this may not be possible for Greek symbols).
A consequence of point 5 is that the well-known problems with boldness of particle names in section titles, headers and tables of contents automatically disappear if these macros are used.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Contained in||TeX Live as hepparticles|
MiKTeX as hepparticles
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (86.8k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- physics: Macros supporting the Mathematics of Physics
- phfqit: Macros for typesetting Quantum Information Theory
- linop: Typeset linear operators as they appear in quantum theory or linear algebra
- isotope: A package for typesetting isotopes