fontools – Tools to simplify using fonts (especially TT/OTF ones)
This package provides tools to simplify using OpenType fonts with LaTeX.
By far the most important program in this bundle is autoinst:
- autoinst – a wrapper script around Eddie Kohler’s LCDF TypeTools. Autoinst aims to automate the installation of OpenType fonts in LaTeX by calling the LCDF TypeTools (with the correct options) for all fonts you wish to install, and generating the necessary .fd and .sty files.
In addition, this bundle contains a few other, less important utilities:
- afm2afm – re-encode .afm files,
- ot2kpx – extract kerning pairs from OpenType fonts,
- splitttc – split an OpenType Collection file (ttc or otc) into individual fonts.
|Licenses||GNU General Public License, version 2|
|Copyright||2005–2019 Marc Penninga|
|Contained in||TeX Live as fontools|
MiKTeX as fontools
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (190.8k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- cmtest: CM fonts test sources
- gsftopk: Convert "Ghostscript fonts" to PK files
- corelfonts: An installation script for Corel Ventura fonts
- fontinst: Help with installing fonts for TeX and LaTeX