epstopdf – Convert EPS to PDF using Ghostscript
Epstopdf is a Perl script that converts an EPS file to an ‘encapsulated’ PDF file (a single page file whose media box is the same as the original EPS’s bounding box). The resulting file suitable for inclusion by pdfTeX as an image. The script is adapted to run both on Windows and on Unix-alike systems.
The script makes use of Ghostscript for the actual conversion to PDF. It assumes Ghostscript version 6.51 or later, and (by default) suppresses its automatic rotation of pages where most of the text is not horizontal.
LaTeX users may make use of the epstopdf package, which will run the epstopdf script “on the fly”, thus giving the illusion that pdfLaTeX is accepting EPS graphic files.
Free license not otherwise listed, or more than one free license applies
|Maintainer||Gerben Wierda (inactive)
Thomas Esser (inactive)
Heiko Oberdiek (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as epstopdf|
|MiKTeX as miktex-graphics-bin-2.9|
converting graphics files from METAPOST output or (E)PS to embeddable PDF
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (23.4k).
- 2017-09-17 CTAN update: epstopdf
- 2017-01-09 CTAN update: epstopdf
- 2016-05-31 CTAN Update: epstopdf
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- epspdfconversion: On-the-fly conversion of EPS to PDF
- pst-pdf: Make PDF versions of graphics by processing between runs
- pstool: Support for psfrag within pdfLaTeX
- bbfig: Calculate and print bounding box