epstopdf – Convert EPS to PDF using Ghostscript
Epstopdf is a Perl script that converts an EPS file to an ‘encapsulated’ PDF file (a single page file whose media box is the same as the original EPS’s bounding box). The resulting file suitable for inclusion by pdfTeX as an image. The script is adapted to run both on Windows and on Unix-alike systems.
The script makes use of Ghostscript for the actual conversion to PDF. It assumes Ghostscript version 6.51 or later, and (by default) suppresses its automatic rotation of pages where most of the text is not horizontal.
LaTeX users may make use of the epstopdf package, which will run the epstopdf script “on the fly”, thus giving the illusion that pdfLaTeX is accepting EPS graphic files.
|License||Free license not otherwise listed, or more than one free license applies|
Thomas Esser (inactive)
Heiko Oberdiek (inactive)
Gerben Wierda (inactive)
Sebastian Rahtz pkg.author.died
|Contained in||TeX Live as epstopdf|
|MiKTeX as miktex-graphics-bin-2.9|
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (23.4k).
- 2017-09-17 CTAN update: epstopdf
- 2017-01-09 CTAN update: epstopdf
- 2016-05-31 CTAN Update: epstopdf
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- epspdf: Converter for PostScript, EPS and PDF
- pdfrack: Use psfrag with pdfLaTeX
- epsf-dvipdfmx: Plain TeX file for using epsf.tex with (x)dvipdfmx
- autopdf: Conversion of graphics to pdfLaTeX-compatible formats