crossword – Typeset crossword puzzles
An extended grid-based puzzle package, designed to take all input (both grid and clues) from the same file. The package can typeset grids with holes in them (for advertisements, or other sorts of stuff), and can deal with several sorts of puzzle:
- The classical puzzle contains numbers for the words and clues for the words to be filled in.
- The numbered puzzle contains numbers in each cell where identical numbers represent identical letters. The goal is to find out which number corresponds to which letter.
- The fill-in type of puzzle consists of a grid and a list of words. The goal is to place all words in the grid.
- Sudoku and Kakuro puzzles involve filling in grids of numbers according to their own rules.
Format may be block-separated, or separated by thick lines. Input to the package is somewhat redundant: specification of the grid is separate from specification of the clues (if they're necessary). The author considers this style both ‘natural’ and robust.
|Licenses||Free license not otherwise listed|
|Copyright||1995–2022 Gerd Neugebauer|
|Contained in||TeX Live as crossword|
MiKTeX as crossword
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (345.7k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- crosswrd: Macros for typesetting crossword puzzles
- eqname: Name tags for equations
- sgame: LaTeX style for typesetting strategic games
- gamebook: Typeset gamebooks and other interactive novels