Help on CTAN
How can I download a package?
You can download the contents of a package via the download link on the
package page or on the CTAN
tex-archive page. This download link
is provided in case that a zip archive for the package is present on CTAN.
- Not all packages in the catalogue are present as zip archives on CTAN.
The download makes use of an automatically selected mirror server to receive the file from. The selection of the mirror takes into consideration the health of the mirror, the location of the mirror and the requester as well as a heuristic to distribute the traffic to the various servers.
See also How can I select a certain mirror to download a package?
- Where can I get help on TeX, LaTeX, and friends?
- Where can I report problems or request features for packages on CTAN?
- Where can I give feedback on the CTAN portal?
- Where can I request features for the portal?
- Which readme file is displayed in the CTAN browser directly?
- Which markdown syntax is recognized for the readme files?
- Where can I preview readme files?
- Which teaser images for packages or topics are used?
- How should I reference packages on CTAN?
- How can I upload a package?
- How can I see what has been uploaded to CTAN?
- How can I submit modifications to a package?
- How can I donate to CTAN?
- How can I get rid of these HTMLified TeX logos?
- How can I get rid of those strange characters after cut and paste?
- How can I get rid of the varying appearance of the pages?