Help on CTAN
How can I take authorship of a package?
Modifications of an existing package on CTAN can be submitted only by its known author or maintainer. The identity is verified with the help of the email address known to CTAN – and possibly a communication via this email address.
Accreditation of an additional author or maintainer for a CTAN package should be made by means of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should come from the author currently accredited as owner or maintainer of the package using the email address known to CTAN.
For more information on contacting an author see also How can I contact the authors of a package?.
When a packages becomes unmaintained or the author does not react then further steps should be discussed with the CTAN team at email@example.com.
- Where can I get help on TeX, LaTeX, and friends?
- Where can I report problems or request features for packages on CTAN?
- Where can I give feedback on the CTAN portal?
- Where can I request features for the portal?
- Which readme file is displayed in the CTAN browser directly?
- Which markdown syntax is recognized for the readme files?
- Where can I preview readme files?
- Which teaser images for packages or topics are used?
- How should I reference packages on CTAN?
- How can I upload a package?
- How can I see what has been uploaded to CTAN?
- How can I submit modifications to a package?
- How can I donate to CTAN?
- How can I get rid of these HTMLified TeX logos?
- How can I get rid of those strange characters after cut and paste?
- How can I get rid of the varying appearance of the pages?