upmendex – Multilingual index processor
The package is a multilingual index processor with the following features:
- Mostly compatible with makeindex and upper compatible with mendex.
- Supports UTF-8 and works with upLaTeX, XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX.
- Supports Latin (including non-English), Greek, Cyrillic, Korean Hangul and Chinese Han (Hanzi ideographs) scripts, as well as Japanese Kana.
- Supports Devanagari, Thai, Arabic and Hebrew scripts (experimental).
- Supports four kinds of sort orders (Pinyin, Radical-Stroke, Stroke and Zhuyin) for Chinese Han scripts (Hanzi ideographs).
- Applies International Components for Unicode (ICU) for sorting process.
|Licenses||3-clause BSD License|
|Copyright||1995 ASCII Corporation|
2009 ASCII MEDIA WORKS
2015–2021 TANAKA Takuji
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (462.6k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- forindex: Manipulate \index commands in a LaTeX file
- makeindex: Process index output to produce typesettable code
- xindex: Unicode compatible index generation
- glotex: A glossary processor