purifyeps – Make EPS work with both LaTeX/dvips and pdfLaTeX
While pdfLaTeX has a number of nice features, its primary shortcoming relative to standard LaTeX+dvips is that it is unable to read ordinary Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) files, the most common graphics format in the LaTeX world. Purifyeps converts EPS files into a ‘purified’ form that can be read by both LaTeX+dvips and pdfLaTeX. The trick is that the standard LaTeX2ε graphics packages can parse METAPOST-produced EPS directly. Hence, purifyeps need only convert an arbitrary EPS file into the same stylized format that METAPOST outputs.
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Copyright||2009 Scott Pakin
|Contained in||TeX Live as purifyeps|
process fonts for use with TeX (includes installation)
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (32.4k).
- 2010-12-02 CTAN tug.ctan.org upload: purifyeps
- 2006-09-19 CTAN package upload: purifyeps
- 2002-04-04 New CTAN package: purifyeps
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- accents-cs: Create a VF for the accents used in Czech/Slovak
- mf2pt1: Produce PostScript Type 1 fonts from METAFONT source
- ttftogf: Convert True Type fonts to GF format
- wp2latex: Convert WordPerfect documents to LaTeX