pkfix-helper – Make PostScript files accessible to pkfix
Pkfix is a useful utility for replacing resolution-dependent bitmapped fonts in a dvips-produced PostScript file with the corresponding resolution-independent vector fonts. Unfortunately, pkfix needs to parse certain PostScript comments that appear only in files produced by dvips versions later than 5.58 (ca. 1996); it fails to work on PostScript files produced by older versions of dvips.
Pkfix-helper is a program that attempts to insert newer-dvips comments into an older-dvips PostScript file, thereby making the file suitable for processing by pkfix. pkfix-helper can sometimes process documents fully autonomously but does require the user to verify and, if needed, correct its decisions.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c|
|Copyright||2009–2020 Scott Pakin|
|Contained in||TeX Live as pkfix-helper|
MiKTeX as pkfix-helper
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (416.3k).
- 2020-07-22 CTAN update: pkfix-helper
- 2020-04-20 CTAN update: pkfix-helper
- 2011-06-13 CTAN Update: pkfix-helper
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- pkbbox: Derive glyph bounding boxes by building PK file
- accents-cs: Create a VF for the accents used in Czech/Slovak
- genfam: Run METAFONT to produce the bitmap fonts
- purifyeps: Make EPS work with both LaTeX/dvips and pdfLaTeX