MusiXTeX – Sophisticated music typesetting
MusiXTeX provides a set of macros, based on the earlier MusicTeX, for typesetting music with TeX. To produce optimal spacing, MusiXTeX is a three-pass system: etex, musixflx, and etex again. (Musixflx is a lua script that is provided in the bundle.) The three-pass process, optionally followed by processing for printed output, is automated by the musixtex wrapper script.
The package uses its own specialised fonts, which must be available on the system for musixtex to run.
This version of MusiXTeX builds upon work by Andreas Egler, whose own version is no longer being developed.
The MusiXTeX macros are universally acknowledged to be challenging to use directly: the pmx preprocessor compiles a simpler input language to MusiXTeX macros..
|Licenses||GNU General Public License, version 2 or newer|
Andreas Egler (inactive)
Ross Mitchell (inactive)
Daniel Taupin pkg.author.died
|Contained in||TeX Live as musixtex|
MiKTeX as musixtex
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (3.1M).
- 2018-05-09 CTAN update: MusiXTeX
- 2017-12-27 CTAN Update: MusiXTeX
- 2017-07-26 CTAN Update: musixtex
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- bagpipe: Support for typesetting bagpipe music
- musixtnt: A MusiXTeX extension library that enables transformations of the effect of notes commands
- texchord: Typeset guitar-chord diagrams
- harmony: Typeset harmony symbols, etc., for musicology