missaali – A late medieval OpenType textura font
This package contains the free OpenType Textura font Missaali and a style file for using it with XeLaTeX.
Textura is a typeface based on the textus quadratus form of the textualis formata that late medieval scribes used for the most valuable manuscripts. The font Missaali is based on Textura that German printer Bartholomew Ghotan used for printing missals and psalters in the 1480s.
This font has two intended use cases:
- as a Gothic display font; and
- for emulating late-medieval manuscripts.
In addition to the basic textura letters, the font contains a large number of abbreviation sigla as well as a set of Lombardic initials.
As modern typesetting algorithms are not intended for creating 15th century style layout, the package contains a XeLaTeX style file that makes it easier to achieve the classic incunabula look.
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3
The SIL Open Font License
|Contained in||TeX Live as missaali|
|MiKTeX as missaali|
fonts reproducing archaic scripts or inscriptions
font in OpenType format
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (7.7M).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- phaistos: Disk of Phaistos font
- xits: A Scientific Times-like font with support for mathematical typesetting
- tex-gyre-math-termes: Maths fonts to match the tex-gyre-termes text font
- aramaic: Fonts for Aramaic script