marginfix – Patch \marginpar to avoid overfull margins
Authors using LaTeX to typeset books with significant margin material often run into the problem of long notes running off the bottom of the page. A typical workaround is to insert \vshift commands by hand, but this is a tedious process that is invalidated when pagination changes. Another workaround is memoir’s \sidebar function, but this can be unsatisfying for short textual notes, and standard marginpars cannot be mixed with sidebars. This package implements a solution to make marginpars “just work” by keeping a list of floating inserts and arranging them intelligently in the output routine.
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Copyright||2010, 2013 Stephen D. Hicks
|Contained in||TeX Live as marginfix|
|MiKTeX as marginfix|
marginal notes, etc.
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (257.9k).
- 2013-09-09 CTAN Update: marginfix
- 2010-08-29 CTAN update: marginfix
- 2010-08-20 CTAN new package marginfix
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- marginal: Extensions to \marginpar handling
- marginfit: Improved margin notes
- margbib: Display bibitem tags in the margins
- zebra-goodies: A collection of handy macros for paper writing