filecontents – Create an external file from within a LaTeX document
LaTeX2ε’s filecontents and filecontents* environments enable a LaTeX source file to generate external files as it runs through LaTeX. However, there are two limitations of these environments: they refuse to overwrite existing files, and they can only be used in the preamble of a document. The filecontents package removes these limitations, letting you overwrite existing files and letting you use filecontents/filecontents* anywhere.
As of September 2019 the author tells us: “This package is no longer necessary due to its functionality having moved into recent LaTeX kernels. It’s probably better not to move the package to obsolete because users may need it to rebuild old documents. Version 1.5 provides full functionality when run with an older kernel but issues a warning message and disables itself when run with a newer kernel.”
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c|
|Copyright||2011–2019 Scott Pakin|
|Contained in||TeX Live as filecontents|
MiKTeX as filecontents
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (125.6k).
- 2018-06-02 TAN update: filecontents
- 2004-08-18 CTAN package upgrade: filecontents
- 2001-08-24 new package on CTAN: filecontents
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- grffile: Extended file name support for graphics (legacy package)
- fileerr: LaTeX’s mechanisms for dealing with file errors
- modular: Relative section headings for modular documents
- typeoutfileinfo: Display class/package/file information