cmap – Make PDF files searchable and copyable
The cmap package provides character map tables, which make PDF files generated by pdfLaTeX both searchable and copy-able in acrobat reader and other compliant PDF viewers. Encodings supported are OT1, OT6, T1, T2A, T2B, T2C and T5, together with LAE (Arabic), LFE (Farsi) and LGR (Greek) and a variant OT1tt for cmtt-like fonts.
The package’s main limitation currently is the inability to work with virtual fonts, because of limitations of pdfTeX. This restriction may be resolved in a future version of pdfTeX.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Copyright||2003–2021 Vladimir Volovich|
|Contained in||TeX Live as cmap|
MiKTeX as cmap
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (14.8k).
- 2021-02-07 CTAN Update: cmap
- 2021-01-30 CTAN update: cmap
- 2007-04-26 CTAN package update: the CMap package
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- ocgtools: Manipulate OCG layers in PDF presentations
- pdf14: Restore PDF 1.4 to a TeX live 2010 format
- pdfmarginpar: Generate marginpar-equivalent PDF annotations
- attachfile2: Attach files into PDF