accfonts – Utilities to derive new fonts from existing ones
The accfonts package contains three utilities to permit easy manipulation of fonts, in particular the creation of unusual accented characters. Mkt1font works on Adobe Type 1 fonts, vpl2vpl works on TeX virtual fonts and vpl2ovp transforms a TeX font to an Omega one. All three programs read in a font (either the font itself or a property list), together with a simple definition file containing lines such as ‘128 z acute’; they then write out a new version of the font with the requested new characters in the numerical slots specified. Great care is taken over the positioning of accents, and over the provision of kerning information for new characters; mkt1font also generates suitable “hints” to enhance quality at small sizes or poor resolutions. The programs are written in Perl.
|Licenses||GNU General Public License|
|Copyright||1997, 2008 John D. Smith|
|Contained in||TeX Live as accfonts|
MiKTeX as accfonts
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (56.4k).
- 2009-04-08 CTAN Update: accfonts
- 2009-01-20 CTAN update: accfonts
- 2008-12-22 CTAN update: accfonts
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- mf2pt3: Create Adobe Type 3 fonts
- ps4mf: Convert Adobe Type 1 fonts to METAFONT
- ttf2mf: Convert True Type fonts to METAFONT
- ttf2pfb: Make an Adobe Type 1 version of a TrueType font