CTAN Update: crossword
The package has been extended to support a hook for colorizing sudoku solutions.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/gene/crossword/ More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/crossword We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
crossword – Typeset crossword puzzles
An extended grid-based puzzle package, designed to take all input (both grid and clues) from the same file. The package can typeset grids with holes in them (for advertisements, or other sorts of stuff), and can deal with several sorts of puzzle:
- The classical puzzle contains numbers for the words and clues for the words to be filled in.
- The numbered puzzle contains numbers in each cell where identical numbers represent identical letters. The goal is to find out which number corresponds to which letter.
- The fill-in type of puzzle consists of a grid and a list of words. The goal is to place all words in the grid.
- Sudoku and Kakuro puzzles involve filling in grids of numbers according to their own rules.
Format may be block-separated, or separated by thick lines. Input to the package is somewhat redundant: specification of the grid is separate from specification of the clues (if they're necessary). The author considers this style both ‘natural’ and robust.
|Copyright||1995–2022 Gerd Neugebauer|
- 2022-09-14 CTAN update: crossword
- 2020-05-25 CTAN update: crossword
- 2014-01-14 CTAN Update: crossword
- 2009-09-13 CTAN update: crossword