CTAN update: gentium-tug
Update corresponding to the SIL GentiumPlus 5.000 release (http://scripts.sil.org/Gentium), following the latest Unicode updates and including some new glyphs. The major addition in this gentium-tug TeX package remains Type 1 fonts corresponding to the TrueType originals. These incorporate the name "Gentium" by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group. The package also includes support files for LaTeX and ConTeXt, and TeX-specific documentation discussing the supported encodings, etc. The package is a collaborative effort among Mojca Miklavec, Pavel Farar, and Karl Berry. The home page for gentium-tug is http://tug.org/gentium.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/gentium-tug More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/gentium-tug We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Ina Dau
gentium-tug – Gentium fonts (in two formats) and support files
Gentium is a typeface family designed to enable the diverse ethnic groups around the world who use the Latin, Cyrillic and Greek scripts to produce readable, high-quality publications. It supports a wide range of Latin- and Cyrillic-based alphabets.
The package consists of:
- The original (unaltered) GentiumPlus, GentiumBook, and other Gentium-family fonts in TrueType format, as developed by SIL and released under the OFL (see OFL.txt and OFL-FAQ.txt);
- Converted fonts in PostScript Type 1 format, released under the same terms. These incorporate the name “Gentium” by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group;
- ConTeXt, LaTeX and other supporting files;
- TeX-related documentation, and the SIL documentation and other files.
Thomas A. Schmitz (inactive)
- 2019-07-12 CTAN Update: gentium-tug
- 2015-05-14 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2013-07-06 New on CTAN: gentium-tug