CTAN update: gentium-tug
This small update to the Gentium support package for TeX makes all eight Gentium fonts available in both LaTeX packages, gentium.sty and gentiumbook.sty, via additional LaTeX font weights, such as semibold and semilight. See the documentation for the complete table. The fonts themselves (both TrueType and Type 1) are unchanged. The home page for gentium-tug is https://tug.org/gentium.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/gentium-tug The package’s files themselves can be inspected at https://mirrors.ctan.org/fonts/gentium-tug/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
gentium-tug – Gentium fonts (in two formats) and support files
Gentium is a typeface family designed to enable the diverse ethnic groups around the world who use the Latin, Cyrillic and Greek scripts to produce readable, high-quality publications. It supports a wide range of Latin- and Cyrillic-based alphabets.
The package consists of:
- The original (unaltered) GentiumPlus, GentiumBook, and other Gentium-family fonts in TrueType format, as developed by SIL and released under the OFL (see OFL.txt and OFL-FAQ.txt);
- Converted fonts in PostScript Type 1 format, released under the same terms. These incorporate the name “Gentium” by permission of SIL given to the TeX Users Group;
- LaTeX and other supporting files;
- TeX-related documentation, and the SIL documentation and other files.
Mojca Miklavec (inactive)
Thomas A. Schmitz (inactive)
- 2022-06-02 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2022-05-23 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2019-07-12 CTAN Update: gentium-tug
- 2015-05-14 CTAN update: gentium-tug
- 2013-07-06 New on CTAN: gentium-tug