CTAN Update: bigfoot
Since LaTeX broke the register allocation scheme of the `etex' package in 2015, bigfoot.sty needs to refrain from loading `etex'. There are no other changes as compared to version 2.0.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/bigfoot/ More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/bigfoot We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
bigfoot – Footnotes for critical editions
The package aims to provide a ‘one-stop’ solution to requirements for footnotes. It offers:
- Multiple footnote apparatus superior to that of manyfoot
- Footnotes can be formatted in separate paragraphs, or be run into a single paragraph (this choice may be selected per footnote series);
- Things you might have expected (such as \verb-like material in footnotes, and colour selections over page breaks) now work.
Note that the majority of the bigfoot package's interface is identical to that of manyfoot; users should seek information from that package's documentation.
- 2015-08-31 CTAN Update: bigfoot
- 2014-11-03 CTAN update: bigfoot
- 2004-02-23 CTAN submission – bigfoot bundle for critical edition typesetting