How can I get rid of those strange characters after cut and paste?
The CTAN portal uses the same hyphenation algorithm as TeX does. For this purpose the hyphenation points are inserted into HTML to enable the browser to use them. These – normally invisible – characters are misinterpreted by some programs when the text is pasted.
You can turn off these characters with the switch “Apply hyphenation” on the Settings page. If it is turned off then the hyphenation characters are not included – but this disables the hyphenation of long words as well.
- Where can I get help on TeX, LaTeX, and friends?
- Where can I report problems or request features for packages on CTAN?
- Where can I give feedback on the CTAN portal?
- Where can I request features for the portal?
- Which readme file is displayed in the CTAN browser directly?
- Which markdown syntax is recognized for the readme files?
- Where can I preview readme files?
- Which teaser images for packages or topics are used?
- How can I upload a package?
- How can I submit modifications to a package?
- How can I donate to CTAN?
- How can I get rid of these HTMLified TeX logos?
- How can I get rid of those strange characters after cut and paste?
- How can I get rid of the varying appearance of the pages?