How can I get package data into a program?
The central information from the Catalogue is maintained in the form of XML files. These contain data about
For the purpose of the portal these XML files are imported into a database. In the other direction the database can be queried to retrieve the major data in the form of the original XML files. The URLs and a description of the file formats can be found under Querying CTAN with XML.
In addition to XML another interface with JSON is available. The URLs and a description of the file format can be found under Querying CTAN with JSON.
- Which readme file is displayed in the CTAN browser directly?
- Which markdown syntax is recognized for the readme files?
- Where can I preview readme files?
- Which teaser images for packages or topics are used?
- How can I upload a package?
- How can I submit modifications to a package?
- How can I donate to CTAN?
- Where can I get help on TeX, LaTeX, and friends?
- Where can I report problems or request features for packages on CTAN?
- Where can I give feedback on the CTAN portal?
- Where can I request features for the portal?
- How can I get rid of these HTMLified TeX logos?
- How can I get rid of those strange characters after cut and paste?
- How can I get rid of the varying appearance of the pages?