THE POLYGLOSSIA PACKAGE v1.51
Multilingual typesetting with XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX
This package provides an alternative to Babel for users of XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX. This version includes support for over 70 different languages, some of which in different regional or national varieties, or using a different writing system.
Polyglossia makes it possible to automate the following tasks:
- Loading the appropriate hyphenation patterns.
- Setting the script and language tags of the current font (if possible and available), using the package fontspec.
- Switching to a font assigned by the user to a particular script or language.
- Adjusting some typographical conventions in function of the current language (such as afterindent, frenchindent, spaces before or after punctuation marks, etc.).
- Redefining the document strings (like “chapter”, “figure”, “bibliography”).
- Adapting the formatting of dates (for non-gregorian calendars via external packages bundled with polyglossia: currently the Hebrew, Islamic and Farsi calendars are supported).
- For languages that have their own numeration system, modifying the formatting of numbers appropriately.
- Ensuring the proper directionality if the document contains languages written from right to left (via the packages bidi and luabidi, available separately).
Copyright (c) 2008-2010 François Charette, 2013 Élie Roux, 2011-2021 Arthur Reutenauer, Copyright (c) 2019-2021 Bastien Roucariès, 2019-2021 Jürgen Spitzmüller
Except where otherwise noted, Polyglossia is placed under the terms of the MIT licence (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT).
If you run into a bug, or suspect you do, or you have a request or comment, please use the GitHub issue tracker: http://github.com/reutenauer/polyglossia/issues
This is more efficient than contacting the maintainer by email as it allows me to track the issues and follow progress.
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (533.0k).
polyglossia – An alternative to babel for XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||2008–2010 François Charette|
2011–2021 Arthur Reutenauer
2013 Elie Roux
2019–2021 Bastien Roucariès
2019–2021 Jürgen Spitzmüller
François Charette (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as polyglossia|
MiKTeX as polyglossia