These utilities re-arrange TeX DVI files, creating DVI files as output. Dvibook rearranges pages so that the file can be printed as a booklet on a duplex printer. Dvitodvi rearranges pages according to a complex page specification. It can be used to rearrange for booklet printing, extract odd or even pages, overlay pages, and many other functions. These programs require the Chris Torek's DVI library, which is included in the SeeTeX distribution, available from a good archive near you. AJCD 5/3/92 The relevant parts of the SeeTeX distribution are now included in the tar file version of this distribution. The full SeeTeX distribution is still available from ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk:pub/tex/SeeTeX, among other places. Coming soon; Dvisep, a colour separator for DVI files. AJCD 14/3/94
dvibook – Utilities for manipulating DVI files
The collection comprises:
- dvibook, which will rearrange the pages of a DVI file into ‘signatures’ as used when printing a book;
- dviconcat, for concatenating pages of DVI file(s);
- dviselect, which will select pages from one DVI file to create a new DVI file;
- dvitodvi, which will rearrange the pages of a DVI file to create a new file; and
- libtex, a library for manipulating the files, from the old Seε-TeX project.
The utilities are provided as C source with Imakefiles, and an MS-DOS version of dvibook is also provided.
Free license not otherwise listed, or more than one free license applies|
|Copyright||1987,1989 University of Maryland Department of Computer Science|
|Contained in||TeX Live as seetexk|