xint – Expandable operations on long numbers
The bundle provides nine packages:
- xintcore, which provides expandable TeX macros that implement the basic arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as applied to arbitrarily long numbers represented as chains of digits with an optional minus sign;
- xint, which extends xintcore with more big integer operations;
- xinttools, which provides utilities of independent interest such as expandable and non-expandable loops;
- xintfrac, which computes fractions using xint;
- xintexpr, which extends xintfrac with an expandable parser of comma separated expressions involving integers, fractions, boolean, and algebraic operators, and declared as well as dummy variables;
- xintbinhex provides conversions to and from binary and hexadecimal bases;
- xintseries, which provides basic functionality for computing partial sums using xint;
- xintgcd, which provides implementations of the Euclidean algorithm, and of its typesetting;
- xintcfrac, which deals with the computation of continued fractions.
All of the packages’ computations are done in a way that they can operate in an expanding environment.
The packages may be used either with Plain TeX or LaTeX.
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c
|Contained in||TeX Live as xint|
|MiKTeX as xint|
perform and typeset arithmetic problems
perform calculations within TeX
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (1.8M).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- minifp: Fixed-point real computations to 8 decimals
- dow: Calculate day of week from a numeric date
- xlop: Calculates and displays arithmetic operations
- intcalc: Expandable arithmetic operations with integers