widows-and-orphans – Identify (typographic) widows and orphans
This package identifies all widows and orphans in a document to help a user to get rid of them. The act of resolving still needs to be done manually: By rewriting text, running some paragraph long or short or or explicitly breaking in some strategic place.
It will also identify and warn about words broken across columns or pages and display formulas separated from their introductory paragraph.
|The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c
|2017–2023 Frank Mittelbach
|TeX Live as widows-and-orphans
MiKTeX as widows-and-orphans
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (866.1k).
- 2023-04-04 CTAN update: widows-and-orphans
- 2023-03-11 CTAN update: widows-and-orphans
- 2022-08-28 CTAN update: widows-and-orphans
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- linebreaker: Prevent overflow boxes with LuaLaTeX
- needspace: Insert pagebreak if not enough space
- pageno: Page number-only page styles
- semioneside: Put only special contents on left-hand pages in two sided layout