MFwL – Making friends with LaTeX
“Making Friends with LaTeX” (MFwL) is a small presentation which the author uses to introduce LaTeX to his students. It is made using the Prosper Package. The objective of MFwL is to introduce newcomers to LaTeX and make them aware of various aspects of working with LaTeX. It covers:
(i) LaTeX Advocacy
(ii) LaTeX Document Structure
(iii) Paragraph Mode and Math Mode
(iv) Structuring the document
(v) Creating Tables, Graphics (in very short)
(vii) Recommendations for a LaTeX system
(viii) References for further reading
Its objective is not to make a person expert in using LaTeX but to get the person interested in LaTeX by making him understand the LaTeX way of working. The intention is that once the person is comfortable with the idea s/he can then explore the wonders of LaTeX on his/her own pace.
GNU General Public License
|Copyright||2006 Rohit Vishal Kumar
|Maintainer||Rohit Vishal Kumar
tutorial material for LaTeX
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (573.5k).
- 2006-10-10 CTAN Update: Making Friends with LaTeX (Version 2.00)
- 2006-01-27 CTAN has a new package: MFwL
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- lshort: A short introduction to LaTeX 2e
- latex-veryshortguide: The Very Short Guide to LaTeX
- intro-scientific: Introducing scientific/mathematical documents using LaTeX
- dickimaw: Books and tutorials from the “Dickimaw LaTeX Series”