hyph-utf8 – Hyphenation patterns expressed in UTF-8
Modern native UTF-8 engines such as XeTeX and LuaTeX need hyphenation patterns in UTF-8 format, whereas older systems require hyphenation patterns in the 8-bit encoding of the font in use (such encodings are codified in the LaTeX scheme with names like OT1, T2A, TS1, OML, LY1, etc).
The present package offers a collection of conversions of existing patterns to UTF-8 format, together with converters for use with 8-bit fonts in older systems. Since hyphenation patterns for Knuthian-style TeX systems are only read at iniTeX time, it is hoped that the UTF-8 patterns, with their converters, will completely supplant the older patterns.
|Licenses||Free license not otherwise listed|
|Copyright||2008–2017 TeX Users Group|
Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard (inactive)
Khaled Hosny (inactive)
Élie Roux (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as hyph-utf8|
MiKTeX as hyph-utf8
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (4.0M).
- 2018-07-27 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2017-05-19 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2016-05-17 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- czhyph2e: Convert Czech hyphenation patterns to standard encoding
- eehyph: Hyphenation patterns for the Estonian language
- ruhyphen: Russian hyphenation
- catalan: Catalan hyphenation patterns