hyph-utf8 – Hyphenation patterns expressed in UTF-8
Modern native UTF-8 engines such as XeTeX and LuaTeX need hyphenation patterns in UTF-8 format, whereas older systems require hyphenation patterns in the 8-bit encoding of the font in use (such encodings are codified in the LaTeX scheme with names like OT1, T2A, TS1, OML, LY1, etc).
The present package offers a collection of conversions of existing patterns to UTF-8 format, together with converters for use with 8-bit fonts in older systems. Since hyphenation patterns for Knuthian-style TeX systems are only read at iniTeX time, it is hoped that the UTF-8 patterns, with their converters, will completely supplant the older patterns.
Free license not otherwise listed, or more than one free license applies
|Copyright||2008–2017 TeX Users Group
Élie Roux (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as hyph-utf8|
|MiKTeX as hyph-utf8|
macros or tables for hyphenation
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (4.1M).
- 2017-05-19 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2016-05-17 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
- 2016-02-19 CTAN update: hyph-utf8
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- bghyphen: Hyphenation patterns for Bulgarian
- czhyph: Hyphenation patterns for Czech
- fahyph: Hyphenation patterns for Persian (in Unicode)
- hypht1: Additional hyphenation patterns