CTAN Update: latex tools release (keyval update)
as noted on the latex-l list the recent latex update included a bug fix to keyval that has proved to have incompatibilities with contributed package's, notably biblatex, so the change is being reverted.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/ . More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/required > (if the package is new it may take a day for that information to > appear). We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . > Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html . Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Rainer Schöpf
required – Packages "required" of a LaTeX distribution
These are packages that the LaTeX team have declared are ‘required’ of any LaTeX distribution—in the sense that any package writer is entitled to assume the presence of these packages in support of her package.
The set comprises:
- AmsLaTeX, mathematical support from the AMS;
- The babel package for multilingual typesetting;
- Standard LaTeX support for using Cyrillic alphabet fonts;
- The standard LaTeX graphics and colour packages;
- Basic support for using common Adobe Type 1 fonts with LaTeX—the “psnfss”; and
- Basic “LaTeX latex-tools”.
For distribution details, see the individual packages’ catalogue entries.
|Maintainer||The LaTeX Team|
Walter A. Schmidt
Sebastian Rahtz (deceased)