CTAN update: datatool
Date: January 16, 2013 4:53:06 PM CET
the daemon wrote: > Name of contribution: datatool > Author's name: Nicola Talbot > Package version: 2.13 > Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/datatool/ > Summary description: Tools to load and manipulate data > License type: lppl > > Announcement text given by the package's contributor: > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > * Added new package `datagidx' > > - create glossaries/indexes /without/ using an external tool such > as makeindex or xindy > > * datatool.sty > > - added \dtlsort (like \DTLsort but user supplies custom > comparison handler). > > - added \DTLgnewdb, \DTLgdeletedb, \DTLgcleardb > > - added \DTLsaverawdb > > - added \ifDTLnewdbonload, \DTLnewdbonloadtrue, > \DTLnewdbonloadfalse > > - added \dtlparsewords > > - fixed bug in \@DTLnewrow (misspelt \PackageError command) > > - removed spurious space in \@dtl at setheaderforindex > > - removed spurious space in \DTLaddentryforrow > > - removed spurious space in \DTLdisplaydb and \DTLdisplaylongdb > > - removed spurious space in \@dtl at getsortdirection > > - removed spurious space in \@dtl at readline > > - removed spurious space in \DTLrawmap > > - \dtl at setcharcode and \dtl at setlccharcode now check > for \@dtl at wordbreak instead of space and tilde > > - \dtl at setlccharcode bug fix (characters without a lowercase > now correctly dealt with) > > - \dtlicompare and \dtl at teststartswith now use > \dtl at setwordbreaksnohyphens to deal with spaces > > - added \@dtlstringnull and \@dtlnumbernull and fixed bug in > \DTLifnull > > - renamed datatool.pdf to datatool-code.pdf > > * datatool-base.sty > > - added \dtlwordindexcompare thanks for the upload; i installed the new version, and updated the catalogue repository. > Users may view the package catalogue entry at > http://mirror.ctan.org/help/Catalogue/entries/datatool.html > or they may browse the package directory at > http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/datatool/ Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team
datatool – Tools to load and manipulate data
The tools comprise six packages:
- datatool.sty: databases may be created using LaTeX commands or by importing external files; they may be sorted numerically or alphabetically; repetitive operations (such as mail merging) may be performed on each row of a database, subject to conditions to exclude particular rows; commands are provided to examine database elements, and to convert formats (for example, to convert a numeric element to a format compatible with the fp package;
- datapie.sty: a database may be represented as a pie chart; flexible options allow colouring of the chart, and annotation hooks are available;
- dataplot.sty: a database may be represented as a 2-dimensional scatter or line plot; flexible options control of the plot's overall appearance, and of legends and other extra information;
- databar.sty: a database may be represented as a bar chart; overall appearance, colouring and annotation are controllable;
- datagidx.sty: provides a way of indexing or creating glossaries/lists of acronyms that uses TeX to do the sorting and collating instead of using an external indexing application, such as xindy or makeindex;
- databib.sty: a bibliography may be loaded into a datatool database, and manipulated there before being printed (this permits a LaTeX-based route to printing bibliographies in formats for which no BibTeX style is available); and
- person.sty: provides support for displaying a person’s name and pronoun in a document, thus avoiding cumbersome use of “he/she”, etc.
The drawing packages make use of PGF/TikZ for their output.
The bundle supersedes and replaces the author’s csvtools bundle.
|Copyright||2009, 2013–2019 Nicola Talbot|
- 2019-09-28 CTAN update: datatool
- 2018-12-08 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2018-04-17 CTAN update: datatool
- 2017-11-11 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2016-07-29 CTAN update: datatool
- 2016-01-14 CTAN update: datatool
- 2015-07-12 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2014-03-10 CTAN update: datatool