jmsdelim – A package for compositional delimiter sizing
Correctly sizing delimiters is very difficult, particularly in well-architected documents: a correctly engineered mathematical document will include macros for all operations, and these macros necessarily will include delimiters (such as parentheses). However, the correct size for the delimiter cannot be chosen ahead of time, because it will depend on the arguments; two options are available:
- Provide optional arguments to each notation macro for choosing delimiter sizes. This is nearly intractable to do in practice.
- Ignore delimiter sizes.
With jmsdelim we offer an alternative: the correct delimiter sizes can be set at the leaf nodes of a mathematical expression, and magically bubble upward through the delimiters.
|Licenses||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3c|
|Copyright||2022 Jonathan Sterling|
|Contained in||TeX Live as jmsdelim|
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (397.5k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- abraces: Asymmetric over-/underbraces in maths
- phfthm: Goodies for theorems and proofs
- bropd: Simplified brackets and differentials in LaTeX
- boldtensors: Bold latin and greek characters through simple prefix characters