CTAN Update: mathtools
Announcement release 2019/07/31 * fixed typo in manual (\Prop vs \Prob, reported by Shapour Madadpour) * added \crampedsubstack and crampedsubarray (suggested by Henri Menke). * added multlined hook fixes for smallmatrix and the smallmatrix variants we provide.
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/mathtools The package’s files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/mathtools/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
mathtools – Mathematical tools to use with amsmath
Mathtools provides a series of packages designed to enhance the appearance of documents containing a lot of mathematics. The main backbone is amsmath, so those unfamiliar with this required part of the LaTeX system will probably not find the packages very useful.
Mathtools provides many useful tools for mathematical typesetting. It is based on amsmath and fixes various deficiencies of amsmath and standard LaTeX. It provides:
- Extensible symbols, such as brackets, arrows, harpoons, etc.;
- Various symbols such as \coloneqq (:=);
- Easy creation of new tag forms;
- Showing equation numbers only for referenced equations;
- Extensible arrows, harpoons and hookarrows;
- Starred versions of the amsmath matrix environments for specifying the column alignment;
- More building blocks: multlined, cases-like environments, new gathered environments;
- Maths versions of \makebox, \llap, \rlap etc.;
- Cramped math styles; and more...
Mathtools requires mhsetup.
|Copyright||2004–2011 Morten Høgholm|
2012- Lars Madsen
Morten Høgholm (inactive)
Will Robertson (inactive)
Joseph Wright (inactive)
- 2019-08-01 CTAN Update: mathtools
- 2018-01-10 CTAN update: mathtools
- 2017-10-31 CTAN update: mathtools
- 2017-05-25 CTAN Update: mathtools
- 2015-11-13 CTAN update: mathtools
- 2015-06-18 CTAN update: mathtools
- 2015-05-12 CTAN Update: mathtools