CTAN update: microtype
* New command \DeclareMicrotypeFilePrefix to change the prefix of the configuration files * New protrusion patch `verbatim' to switch off protrusion and expansion in verbatim environments * Improvements for \leftprotrusion
This package is located at https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/microtype More information is at https://www.ctan.org/pkg/microtype
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Manfred Lotz CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs .
microtype – Subliminal refinements towards typographical perfection
The package provides a LaTeX interface to the micro-typographic extensions that were introduced by pdfTeX and have since also propagated to XeTeX and LuaTeX: most prominently, character protrusion and font expansion, furthermore the adjustment of interword spacing and additional kerning, as well as hyphenatable letterspacing (tracking) and the possibility to disable all or selected ligatures.
These features may be applied to customisable sets of fonts, and all micro-typographic aspects of the fonts can be configured in a straight-forward and flexible way. Settings for various fonts are provided.
Note that character protrusion requires pdfTeX, LuaTeX, or XeTeX. Font expansion works with pdfTeX or LuaTeX. The package will by default enable protrusion and expansion if they can safely be assumed to work. Disabling ligatures requires pdfTeX or LuaTeX, while the adjustment of interword spacing and of kerning only works with pdfTeX. Letterspacing is available with pdfTeX or LuaTeX.
The alternative package ‘letterspace’, which also works with plain TeX, provides the user commands for letterspacing only, omitting support for all other extensions.
|Copyright||2004–2023 Robert Schlicht|
- 2023-03-14 CTAN update: microtype
- 2023-03-08 CTAN update: microtype
- 2019-11-19 CTAN update: microtype
- 2019-03-02 CTAN update: microtype
- 2017-07-09 CTAN update: microtype
- 2016-05-02 CTAN update: microtype
- 2013-03-14 CTAN Update: microtype
- 2011-03-29 CTAN Update: microtype-DE