CTAN Update: perfectcut
* The package now offers general-purpose commands for defining arbitrary nested delimiters that consistently grow regardless of the contents (\perfectunary and \perfectbinary) * Added the behaviours CurrentHeight and CurrentHeightPlusOne alongside the existing behaviour IncreaseHeight. * Added the stock commands \perfectcase, \perfectparens, and \perfectbrackets intended for use in the context of abstract-machine-like calculi. * Option fixxits. * Removed the dependency on amsmath. * Bugfixes.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/perfectcut/ More information is at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/perfectcut We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org . Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
perfectcut – Nested delimiters that consistently grow regardless of the contents
This package defines the command \perfectcut#1#2 which displays a bracket <#1||#2>. Various other delimiters are similarly defined (parentheses, square brackets ...). The effect of these commands is to let the delimiters grow according to the number of nested \perfectcommands (regardless of the size of the contents).
The package was originally intended for solving a notational issue for direct-style continuation calculi in proof theory. For general use, the package also defines commands for defining other sorts of delimiters which will behave in the same way (see example in the documentation). The package also offers a robust reimplementation of \big, \bigg, etc.
- 2019-07-27 CTAN Update: perfectcut
- 2017-05-04 CTAN Update: perfectcut
- 2014-11-04 CTAN Update: perfectcut
- 2014-02-04 New on CTAN: perfectcut