CTAN update: datatool
Date: November 15, 2009 6:49:01 PM CET
just as i was relaxing before a strenuous afternoon's sleep, the daemon popped up its head and cried: > The following information was provided by the package's contributor. > > Name of contribution: datatool > Author's name: Nicola Talbot > Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/datatool > Summary description: Tools to load and manipulate data > License type: lppl > > Announcement text given by the package's contributor: > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > v2.03: > * Added facility to clear or delete a database. > > * Fixed bug in \DTLsavedb that prints duplicate information to file. > > * \DTLreplaceentryforrow expands the replacement value > > * \DTLappendtorow expands the new value > > * \DTLnewdbentry : user can choose between expanding or not > expanding value before adding to database. > > * Renamed \dtl at columnindex to \dtlcolumnindex so that it can be > used in the document. > > * Spaces may now occur after commas (but not before) in the > assignment part of \DTLforeach > > * Fixed missing backslashes in example in manual (pounds->\pounds) > > * Fixed type in datapie documentation: non-colour option is > "gray" not "monochrome". > > * Added package "person.sty" thanks for that; i've installed the new version and updated the catalogue entry (noting the new package). > Users may view the package catalogue entry at > http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/datatool.html > or they may browse the package directory at > http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/datatool as always, the catalogue entry will change overnight. Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team
datatool – Tools to load and manipulate data
The tools comprise six packages:
- datatool.sty: databases may be created using LaTeX commands or by importing external files; they may be sorted numerically or alphabetically; repetitive operations (such as mail merging) may be performed on each row of a database, subject to conditions to exclude particular rows; commands are provided to examine database elements, and to convert formats (for example, to convert a numeric element to a format compatible with the fp package;
- datapie.sty: a database may be represented as a pie chart; flexible options allow colouring of the chart, and annotation hooks are available;
- dataplot.sty: a database may be represented as a 2-dimensional scatter or line plot; flexible options control of the plot's overall appearance, and of legends and other extra information;
- databar.sty: a database may be represented as a bar chart; overall appearance, colouring and annotation are controllable;
- datagidx.sty: provides a way of indexing or creating glossaries/lists of acronyms that uses TeX to do the sorting and collating instead of using an external indexing application, such as xindy or makeindex;
- databib.sty: a bibliography may be loaded into a datatool database, and manipulated there before being printed (this permits a LaTeX-based route to printing bibliographies in formats for which no BibTeX style is available); and
- person.sty: provides support for displaying a person’s name and pronoun in a document, thus avoiding cumbersome use of “he/she”, etc.
The drawing packages make use of PGF/TikZ for their output.
The bundle supersedes and replaces the author’s csvtools bundle.
|Copyright||2009, 2013–2019 Nicola Talbot|
- 2019-09-28 CTAN update: datatool
- 2018-12-08 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2018-04-17 CTAN update: datatool
- 2017-11-11 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2016-07-29 CTAN update: datatool
- 2016-01-14 CTAN update: datatool
- 2015-07-12 CTAN Update: datatool
- 2014-03-10 CTAN update: datatool