CTAN update: xint
Maintenance release: - documentation improvements (e.g. regarding \xintUniformDeviate). - sourcexint.pdf is better hyperlinked and with indices. - a toggle is provided for \xintdefvar, \xintdeffunc et. al. to make definitions with global scope. - both syntaxes \xintdefvar foo := expression; and \xintdefvar foo = expression; are now accepted, and in the former case the colon may have any (reasonable) catcode. This was already the case for \xintdeffunc and variants. - due to some work commit which made it to 1.3 release, xintfrac.sty (hence xintexpr.sty also) loaded xintgcd.sty automatically. Removed.
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/generic/xint More information is at https://www.ctan.org/pkg/xint
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Manfred Lotz We are supported by the TeX user groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
xint – Expandable operations on long numbers
The xint bundle main modules are:
- utilities of independent interest such as expandable and non-expandable loops,
- expandable macros implementing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and powers for arbitrarily long integers,
- extension of xintcore,
- extends the scope of xint to decimal numbers, to numbers using scientific notation and also to (exact) fractions,
- provides expandable parsers of numeric expressions using the standard infix notations, parentheses, built-in functions, user definable functions and variables (and more ...) which do either exact evaluations (also with fractions) or floating point evaluations under a user chosen precision.
Further modules of the bundle are:
xintkernel (support macros for all the bundle constituents),
xintbinhex (conversion to and from hexadecimal and binary bases),
lcm() functions to xintexpr),
xintseries (evaluates numerically partial sums of series and
power series with fractional coefficients), and
xintcfrac (dedicated to the computation and display of continued fractions).
All computations are compatible with expansion-only context.
The packages may be used with Plain TeX, LaTeX, or (a priori) any other macro format built upon TeX.
|Copyright||2013–2020 Jean-François Burnol|
- 2020-02-27 CTAN update: xint
- 2020-02-20 CTAN update: xint
- 2020-02-02 CTAN Update: xint
- 2019-09-12 CTAN update: xint
- 2019-04-07 CTAN update: xint
- 2019-01-07 CTAN Update: xint
- 2018-06-18 CTAN update: xint
- 2018-03-08 CTAN update: xint