CTAN update: babel
- Preliminary support for bidi (by Vafa Khalighi) with xetex. - Fix for 3.23 - \ensureascii was redefined even when not necessary. - Minor improvements in babel-vi.ini.
The package's Catalogue entry can be viewed at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/babel The package's files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Erik Braun
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
babel – Multilingual support for LaTeX, LuaLaTeX, XeLaTeX, and Plain TeX
This package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language. Included is also a set of ini files for about 250 languages.
Many language styles work with pdfLaTeX, as well as with XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX, out of the box. A few even work with plain formats.
|Copyright||1989–2012 Johannes Braams et al.|
2012–2022 Javier Bezos and Johannes L. Braams
|Maintainer||Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2022-07-21 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-06-27 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-06-07 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-05-23 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-05-01 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-02-27 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-01-27 CTAN update: babel
- 2022-01-01 CTAN update: babel