CTAN update: babel
- New - \babeladjust, with options: bidi.text, bidi.mirroring, bidi.mapdigits, layout.tabular, layout.lists, linebreak.sea, linebreak.cjk. There are still some limitations. - New - ini for Polytonic Greek, thanks to Claudio Beccari. - Fix - Language and script set for Chinese Tradicional and Chinese Simplified. The samples in the GitHub repository has been updated: - polygreek, for Polytonic Greek, has been added - harf-farsi-malayalam is based on luahblatex + luaotfload 3.11
This package is located at http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base More information is at https://www.ctan.org/pkg/babel
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Erik Braun
CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
babel – Multilingual support for LaTeX, LuaLaTeX, XeLaTeX, and Plain TeX
This package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language. Included is also a set of ini files for about 250 languages.
Many language styles work with pdfLaTeX, as well as with XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX, out of the box. A few even work with plain formats.
|Copyright||1989–2012 Johannes Braams et al.|
2012–2021 Javier Bezos and Johannes L. Braams
|Maintainer||Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2022-01-01 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-11-30 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-11-09 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-10-20 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-10-14 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-06-29 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-06-03 CTAN update: babel
- 2021-05-18 CTAN update: babel